Below are two methods on how to check if an iPhone is SIM locked (also known as carrier locked):
- Ensure iPhone is updated with the latest iOS then:
- Go to Settings – General – About & scroll down to “Carrier Lock”.
- If locked it will say “SIM Locked”.
- If unlocked it will say “No SIM Restrictions”.
- Open SIM slot using a pin or paper clip.
- Insert a different carrier's SIM card.
- If iPhone is SIM locked it will display a “SIM Not Supported” message.
- If iPhone is SIM UNLOCKED it will auto activate and you will be able to make calls and use data to browse the web.